Friday, October 26, 2007

#19Discovcering Web 2.0 tools

Had a look at several of the different catagories and found quite a few of our old friends in the mix - bloglines, Technorati , Zoho writer and Library thing just to name a few. I went to a few of the areas but was disappointed to find that they were American based - I don't think I'll be able to get to America to pick up the latest bargain on winter coats! Had a good look at the books catagory and spent a fair bit of time at http://www.biblio.com/. Found a great site at http://www.backpackit.com/ which is loaded with heaps of great organizational tools - one day I'll become better organized, when I can just find the time!

The sheer volume of Web 2.0 technologies available is staggering and I'm not certain how much just one person can use but if you want or need something there seems to be a way you can find it online.

I'm not certain how these sites can be used in the public library setting but I'm certain someone will think of ways we can use these technologies.

I love this quote from Douglas Adams.

No comments: