Friday, October 26, 2007

#18Web-based apps

Until today I didn't even know these web-based programs were available. I signed up for Zoho (I'm can't keep track of how many sites I've joined and I'm certain I'll have trouble remembering all my passwords) and inadvertantly registered for zoho wiki - marysramblings.wiki.zoho.com. I'm not quite certain what this means but will go back and investigate later on. I'm impressed with how many different things you can do on Zoho - word processing, spreadsheets, templates presentations, etc. You can even start your own online tools. I looked at Notebook and liked the edit, share and publish export functions - I tried to share my document with someone but haven't heard yet whether I was successful or not. Spent some time looking at all the templates they have but didn't add any of my own. I'm amazed that all of this is available for free and how easy it is to use.

I was very surprised to find that I can publish to my blog directly from Zoho. If I'm writing something in Zoho and find the urge to publish it to my blog I can do it with the push of a button - no cutting or pasting and I don't even have to log into my blog. This post was done on Zoho writer and published to my blog directly. That's very cool! cool

No comments: