Friday, November 2, 2007

#20You-tube

I had a terrific time playing on you tube - I can see why so many people are addicted to it as it is so easy to move from one topic to another. It created much laughter at my home with my children having to share their favourite videos with me. The "How to fillet a flathead video" was actually used by someone I know(named witheld for a price). This just goes to show how very practical the information can be.
There is certainly room for this type of communication for public libraries. Imagine a video of how to use the catalogue in place of text instruction - much more fun and probably more useful as well. How strange it is to be discussing all that we have been experimenting with during our Learning 2.0 experience when the librarians in the "Do you want to be a librarian" clip were coming to terms with microfilm, motion pictures and record players. How quickly things change and how quickly we adapt to the changes!





No comments: