Saturday, October 13, 2007

#14Technorati

Well I've had an interesting, if sometimes confusing, look at the technorati site. The thought of 50 million blogs is overwhelming - where do people get the time? I did the "learning 2.0" search in the 3 different search fields, and got different results in each. Getting useful results really depends on the words you use. Searching all the words gave me over 34,000 results, whereas the exact phrase, Learning 2.0, cut this to just over 4,000. I liked the way the results from the tag search displayed sorting the results into quickview, posts, blogs, etc.
After this I searched looked at a few of the most popular sites and found quite a few there that I have used before including Boing Boing which I came across when i was doing the RSS feeds. Anyway I signed up and had a go at claiming my blog (I think I was successful), have released the "spiders" and even managed to add another widget to my blog. I think that may be enough new technology for my tired brain today - think I'll go and have a nap or a drink (maybe both).

No comments: