Saturday, November 3, 2007

#22Audiobooks

Talking books are becoming more and more popular and I like the idea of people being able to download audiobooks to their mp3 players. The fact that the audio file is automatically deleted is great too - sought of like an automatic returns system.

I checked out the World ebook fair site but wasn't very impressed with it. I found it quite poorly structured and the first 5 books I looked for I was unable to find. I then tried searching for particular authors with very limited success as well. I then selected some of the sites offerings (Sherlock Holmes) but found that before I could listen to them I was prompted to enter my user name and password. When I went to sign up I was asked to make a donation so I didn't bother.

I'm certain that their must be other ebook sites out there - in fact I'm ceratin I've come across them in my wanderings in cyberspace. Now if I could only remember where they were.

No comments: