Friday, November 2, 2007

#21Podcasts

I have listened to podcasts before and knew that many radio staions now podcast the "best bits" of various shows.  I started my search on podcast.net and found that there was a podcast on nearly everything.  Looking at the Top 10 tags I wasn't surprised to find that music was first and closely followed by comedy.  I used "books" as a search and then checked out the Chronicle Books and SimonSays podcasts - both were okay but not great.  I checked out the Books and writing podcast and listened to an interview with Kate Grenville and another with Alice Munro.  This podcast was more interesting than the others but it was bit disappointing that there was nothing earlier than January 2006 to listen to. 

We have podcast author talks on our library website before and other than that I'm not exactly certain how they could be best used in the public library setting. However, I've no doubt that podcasts will become part of our daily life at work.

I added podcast.com: search for library books as a RSS feed to my bloglines account. 

Just to keep "playing" I used Zoho to write this post - I've mentioned this site to so many people who didn't even know it existed.  I've got to go now I need to show my Gen Y child how to download a video onto a Facebook site - now that is truly amazing!

No comments: